Volcano House Cabins & Campgrounds
Venture three miles beyond Volcano House to one of the most unique campgrounds in the world. Nestled amidst a fragrant eucalyptus grove 4,000 feet above sea level, the historic Namakanipaio Campground offers a rustic, one-of-a-kind camping experience within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Stay in a Camper Cabin recently refurbished with new flooring and beds or opt for a traditional Campsite if you prefer to pitch your own tent.
National Park Entrance Fees: All guests must pay the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park entrance fee: $20 per non-commercial vehicle, or $10 per individual traveling on foot, bicycle or motorcycle. Entrance is valid for seven (7) consecutive days. For group entrance fees and more fee information, visit the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park website.
Learn more about Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Namakanipaio Campsite Policies: For a true camping experience within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, pitch a tent at one of our 16 campsites.
- Self-registration on a first-come, first-served basis, $15.00 per night.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park entrance fee applies; 7 day maximum stay.
- Collecting fallen or dead wood is permitted within 100 yards (91 meters) of campground. We also have wood bundles for sale. Please note that NPS has occasional fire bans.
Namakanipaio Campsite Facilities:
- Newly refurbished community restroom (soap & toilet paper provided)
- Picnic area
- Fire pits & barbecue grills
Newly refurbished Camper Cabins provide 200 square feet of space. Sleeps 4 guests. Cooking not permitted inside cabin. No pets or smoking permitted. Check-in at Volcano House hotel front desk. Check-in: 3:00 PM Check-out: 12 noon. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park entrance fee applies to all Namakanipaio Campground guests.
- 1 Full Bed and 1 Twin Bunk Bed with new mattresses and bed linens.
- New flooring
- Electric light (no electric outlets)
- Towels provided
- No bathroom or running water in cabin. Newly refurbished community bathroom with hot showers & toilets is located in campground (soap & toilet paper provided).
- Outside firepit and barbecue grill